Taiwan Visa for Indians: Step-by-step Process
Taiwan Visa for Indians: Detailed Step by Step procedure for Application for "Temporary Visitor Visa for Tourism"
- Return Ticket
- Photocopy of Passport
- Filled in Visa Form
- Covering Letter
- Day-Wise Itinerary
- Hotel Booking
- Bank Statement with Seal
- Income Tax Return
- Certificate of Employment and Leave Letter
- Salary Slip
- Single Entry Visa : Rs. 3,300
- Multiple Entry Visa: Rs. 6,600
- Single Entry Visa (Express service): Rs. 4,950
- Multiple Entry Visa (Express service): Rs. 9900
- Agent Fee (if Applicable): Rs. 1,700
- 90 days from date of issue
- Permitted stay: 30 Days from date of Entry
Step 1: Documents Required
1) Original Passport: Should have minimum 6 months validity from travel date, and atleast 2 Blank Pages. Submit old passports also, if any.
2) Photocopy of the first and last pages of the Passport.
3) Passport size photo (size 2 x 2 inches) on white background, taken in the past 6 months.
4) Copy of to and fro flight tickets (including return ticket to India). You can obtain a temporary one through a travel agent and then confirm it once you get the visa approved.
5) Copy of Hotel Booking: Printout of bookings made on online portal (makemytrip, agoda etc.) will suffice.
6) Complete day-wise itinerary including places and name of attractions planned to visit.
7) Original Bank Statement for the past 6 months with the seal of the bank. The account should have a balance of about 1 to 1.5 Lacs.
8) Copy of salary statement/ payslip for the past 6 months.
9) Covering letter from the applicant stating the purpose of the visit and details of the stay.
10) Copy of Income Tax Returns (Form 16) for the past 3 years.
11) Certificate of Employment and Leave Sanction letter from employer.
12) Completely filled visa form. Here is the link to the visa form.
You have to fill the visa form online and take a print out. This has to be submitted at the embassy as part of physical application.
Step 2: Submission Procedure
1) The Taiwanese Visas in India is processed by Taipei Economic and Cultural Center, located at Delhi and Chennai.
2) If you are located in one of these cities, you can just walk in and drop off the application. No appointment is required.
3) If it is not convenient for you to drop it yourself (e.g. due to location constraints), you will have to rely on an agent to submit on your behalf.
4) The agent will fill up the application form and personally drop and collect your application/ visa to/ from the Embassy.
5) Consular working days: Monday to Friday.
6) Submission Time: 9:00 AM to 12: 30 PM
7) Collection Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Step 3: Expenses
1) The Visa Expenses are as follows:
a) Single Entry Visa Fee: Rs. 3,300
b) Multiple Entry Visa Fee: Rs. 6,600
c) Single Entry Via fee (Express Service): Rs. 4,950
d) Multiple Entry Visa fee (Express Service): Rs. 9,900
e) Agent Charges (if applicable): Rs. 1,700
2) The fees need to be paid via demand draft in favour of ” Taipei Economic and Cultural Center.”, Payable at Chennai. Cash and Cheque is not accepted.
Step 4: Visa Approval
1) The processing time for Visa is 3 to 5 days.
2) The validity of the visa under this category (“Temporary Visitor Visa for Tourism”) is 90 days.
3) The maximum permitted period of stay is 30 days from date of entry.
4) Here is what the Taiwan visa for Indians looks like: