Thailand Visa on Arrival
Step by Step Procedure for obtaining a Thailand Visa on Arrival, for Indian Tourists
1) Original Passport: Should have minimum 6 months validity from travel date. Should contain at least 2 blank pages (required for immigration stamps).
2) Passport Size Photo: 2 nos, 4 x 6 cm, not more than 6 months old.
(There is a facility for getting your photo done at the Thailand Airport. Keep this as a backup option)
3) Proof of Accommodation: Copy of your booking.
4) Copy of your return tickets (within 15 days from date of entry).
5) Your Boarding Pass for the flight you took to arrive in Thailand.
1) The Visa fee is 2,000 Bhat (approx. 4,000 Rupees)
2) This needs to be paid in Thai Baht (cash only) at the immigration point.
3) Make sure you the said amount with you from India, or else you will have to exchange currency at the Airport which will come at a premium.
4) In case you are in a hurry to catch a connecting flight to another destination, there is an option of fast-tracking the process by paying 200 Thai Baht (rs. 400 approx.).
This will help you save time during rush hours. Sometimes, the connecting flight representatives themselves will advise you to take this option after landing.
News Update, 15th Jan 2019
Thailand has waived visa on arrival fee for Indian travellers
This waiver is only for the period 14th Jan 2019 to 30th Apr 2019.
This means you can enter Thailand free, and your trip just got cheaper by ~4,400 Rupees (2,000 Thai Baht was the original visa fee).
Time to Pack your bags!!!
You can read the official notification in our Facebook Group
1) Upon landing at the port of entry in Thailand, Proceed to the Visa on Arrival Counter.
2) Fill up the application form, affix your photo and submit along with the above mentioned documents. A copy of the Visa form is given below for your reference.
(You can also download the application form from the Thai Immigration website in advance and fill it up in advance and carry it with you. This will save you time during rush hours)
3) After submission , the visa agent may ask you to show proof of funds which is about 10,000 Baht (Rs. 20,000) per person or 20,000 Baht (Rs. 40,000) per family.
Make sure you are carrying US Dollars or Thai Baht of equivalent value. In case you are not, you may be asked to withdraw the said amount from the Airport ATM. Credit cards and Indian Rupee are not accepted as proof of funds.
Please note that this is not a payment. It is simply an assurance that you have enough money to cover your expenses in Thailand.