Step by Step Procedure for obtaining a Vietnam E-Visa for Indian tourists
- The Vietnam E-Visa is a 100% online Visa that allows foreigners from selected countries (yes India is in the list) to enter Vietnam.
- The process is simple, and can be done without the help of any third party (travel agent/ tour operator).
- Once the application is submitted online, you will receive your visa in 3 days (subject to approval of course).
- Below is the step by step by process for applying for a Vietnam E-Visa.
- The following documents are required for applying for a Vietnam E-Visa:
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months from journey date, and containing at least 2 blank pages.
- Digital copy of your passport size photo (4 x 6 cm). Your face should be clearly visible in the photo (no glasses, scarves etc).
- Scan copy of passport data page: This is basically a scan of the front page of your passport (shown here)
- Address of your place of stay in Vietnam (Hotel etc.)
- The application has to be made through the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department
- The website url is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
- Click the “For Foreigners” Link and it will take you to the application page.
- Upload digital copy of your passport size photo and copy of your passport data page.
- Fill up the requisite details in the application form (shown here).
- Please note that it is mandatory to provide the following information:
- Details of your place of stay in Vietnam
- Ports of entering and exiting Vietnam.
- Click review application form after entering all details. Note the registration code
- Confirm the details and proceed to payment
- The Fee for the E-Visa is 25 USD per person.
- The payment can be made online after filling up the application.
- Once the payment is made, your application will be sent for scrutiny
- Please note that the visa fee of 25 USD is non-refundable regardless of whether your application is approved or not.
- Once the payment is made, your application will be sent for scrutiny, and you should receive your e-visa in your registered email address within 3 days
- You can check the status of your E-Visa using your registration code.
- The URL for status check is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/tra-cuu-ho-so
- When entering Vietnam using an E-Visa, you dont have to stop at the Visa on Arrival Counter. You can directly proceed to immigration.
- For any further doubts, you can check the FAQ section of the Vietnam immigration website (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/faq)
Are you looking for a Visa on Arrival Instead? Click here for the detailed procedure for obtaining it.
Confused between E-Visa and Visa on Arrival? Click here for a comparison of both to help you choose the right Visa