Sri Lanka E-Visa from India: Step-by-step Process
- 20 USD
(approx. Rs. 1,400)
- 30 days from date of entry
- Return Ticket
- Proof of funds
(No specific amount mentioned)
Step by Step Procedure for obtaining a Sri Lanka Visa (E-Visa), for Indian Tourists
Step 1: Documents required for Sri Lanka Visa
You need the following documents to apply for a Sri Lanka Visa. Since this is an E-Visa, you do not need the originals in hand while applying.
Just upload the scan copies of the said documents. The Originals need to be presented only at the time of Travel.
1) Passport: Should have minimum 6 months validity from travel date.
2) Copy of your return tickets.
3) Proof of Funds: There is basically the amount you need to carry to cover your expenses during the trip. The Sri Lankan government doesn’t specify a specific amount. Just keep enough.
4) It is advisable to keep a copy of your accommodation booking with you although its not mandatory.
Step 2: Online Application for Sri Lanka Visa
1) Go to the official website of the Sri Lankan Website.
2) Choose your language. Choose the “By the applicant option” in the next page and click Apply
3) Fill up the application with the required information such as Name, DOB, Passport details and other travel details
Step 3: Payment & Submission
1) Make Visa Fee Payment of USD 20 online and submit application to receive an acknowledgement
Step 4: Visa Approval
1) You should receive the E-Visa or ETA approval via email shortly.
2) You can check the status on the website using the acknowledgement number.
3) Present the ETA approval at the Immigration upon arrival in Sri Lanka to enter the country.