Vietnam Visa: Visa on Arrival vs E-Visa
- There are three ways of applying for a Vietnam Visa
- Apply through the Embassy
- Apply for an E-Visa
- Apply for a Visa on Arrival
- A Vietnam E-Visa is very different from the Visa on Arrival and each comes with very different conditions and application processes. Travellers often confuse these both.
- Below we are going to make a comparison of the E-Visa vs the Visa on Arrival.
- Pick the type of visa you need based on your requirements and click through for the step by step process for obtaining it
- Visa Validity: 30 Days. Duration cannot be extended
- Entry Criteria: Single Entry Only.
- Visa Process: 100% Online & Simple Process
- Port of Entry allowed: 28 Land, Sea and Airports in Vietnam
- Visa Fee: USD 25 (approx. Rs. 1700) to be paid online
- Visa fee is non-refundable
- Processing time at Airport: Nil. You can just walk through immigration by showing your E-Visa copy.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA)
- Visa Validity: 1 Month and 3 Months options.
- Entry Criteria: Both Single & Multiple entry available.
- Visa Process: Obtain approval letter online and apply for visa on arrival upon landing in Vietnam.
- Port of Entry Allowed: Only through 6 International Airports in Vietnam.
- Visa Fee: USD 8-10 to be paid to agent for approval letter and USD 25 as Stamping Fee at Airport (Total USD 35 – approx. Rs. 2,400).
- Visa Extension: Can apply for extension upto 30 days.
- Visa Fee: Agent will usually refund fee for approval letter if application is not successful.
- Processing time at Airport: 1-2 hours depending on rush.