Vietnam E-Visa from India: Step-by-step Process
Vietnam E-Visa – An Introduction
- The Vietnam E-Visa is a 100% online Visa.
- It allows Indians and a selected few other nationals to enter Vietnam.
- The process is fairly simple. Therefore, you can do it without the help of any third party (travel agent/ tour operator).
- Here is the step by step by process for obtaining a Vietnam E-Visa.
Step 1: Documentation
You need the following documents for obtaining a Vietnam E-Visa:
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months from journey date. In addition, the passport should also contain at least 2 blank pages.
- Digital copy of your passport size photo (4 x 6 cm). Make sure your face is clearly visible in the photo (no glasses, scarves etc).
- Scan copy of passport front page (shown below)
- Address of your place of stay in Vietnam (Hotel etc.)
Step 2: Online Application
- Go to the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- The website url is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
- After that, click the “For Foreigners” Link and go to the application page.
- Upload digital copy of your passport size photo, and copy of your passport data page.
- Fill up the requisite details in the application form.
Please note that you must compulsorily provide the following information:
- Details of your place of stay in Vietnam
- Ports of entering and exiting Vietnam.
- Click review application form after entering all details. Note the registration code
- Confirm the details. After that, proceed to payment
Step 3: Payment
- The Fee for the E-Visa is 25 USD per person.
- Make the payment online after filling up the application.
- Your application will now be sent for scrutiny.
- Please note that the visa fee of 25 USD is non-refundable (regardless of whether your application is approved or not).
Step 4: Approval
- After scrutiny, you will usually receive your e-visa in your registered email address within 3 days
- You can check the status of your E-Visa using your registration code.
- The URL for status check is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/tra-cuu-ho-so
- When entering Vietnam, You can directly proceed to immigration. You do not have to stop at the Visa on Arrival Counter.
- For any further doubts, you can check the FAQ section of the Vietnam immigration website (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/faq)
Are you looking for a Visa on Arrival Instead? Click here for the detailed procedure for obtaining it.
Confused between E-Visa and Visa on Arrival? Click here for a comparison of both to help you choose the right Visa